Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
330g Lamb shoulder chops (trimmed and cut into chunks)
Shoulder chop bones
2 Cups Lamb stock
1 Sprig of rosemary
2 Tsp plain flour
White pepper (pinch)
1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Medium onion (sliced)
2 Medium carrots (sliced)
250g Peeled potatoes (thinly sliced)
1. Cut lamb chops into chunks and then cut around the bone.
2. Place a pan on flame, pour oil, add lamb bones and brown on each side. Transfer to a saucepan.
3. Into the saucepan, pour stock and add rosemary. Bring to a light boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes strain the stock and set aside.
5. Into a zip-lock bag, place the lamb chunks; add flour, salt, and white pepper. Mix to coat well.
6. In a pan, pour olive oil, add lamb pieces and brown on each side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
7. Deglaze the pan with Worcestershire sauce and add to the strained stock.
8. Into individual oven proof dishes, lay potato slices, followed by carrot, onion, and lamb. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish. Finally arrange the potato slices in over-lapping pattern.
9. Pour stock on top, warp with foil and place in a 320 degree F oven. Cook for 1 hour 40 minutes.
10. When done lightly brush the potatoes with oil and grill until golden brown.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY