(Serves 2-3 people)
100g Escolar (thinly sliced)
110g Yellowfin tuna (thinly sliced)
120g Bay Scallops (cut in half)
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
Juice of 2 lemons
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 orange
Marinate fish in the Refrigerator for 20-25 minutes
1/2 Medium shallot (finely diced)
2 Medium tomatoes (finely diced)
Habanero (finely diced to taste)
50g Cucumber (peeled, seeds removed & finely diced)
Fresh cilantro (to taste)
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt (to taste)
1. Into a roasting tray or bowl, place tuna, escolar, and bay scallops as shown in the video. Sprinkle cumin on top.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together lime, lemon, and orange juice.
3. Strain and pour juice over the fish in roasting pan. Cover and place the pan in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add shallot, tomato, habanero, cucumber, and cilantro.
5. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt.
6. When the fish is marinated, strain the juice and add scallops to the bowl with shallot tomato mixture. Mix well.
7. On a platter, lay tuna, escolar slices and spoon scallop tomato mixture on top.
8. Finish with a pinch of salt, lime zest, orange zest, fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY