Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
200g "00" Flour
1 Egg yolk
1/2 Tsp salt
Flour for dusting
Rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
40g Fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 Tsp garlic powder
Salt (small pinch)
1/2 Medium yellow onion (finely diced)
160g Baby Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Garlic clove (finely diced)
2 Anchovy fillets
1 Tsp fresh thyme Leaves
1-2 handfuls baby spinach
Freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste)
Red chili flakes (to taste)
Things You Will Need
Pot of salted boiling water
1. In food processor aerate flour for 15-20 seconds.
2. In a bowl, whisk together egg and egg yolk.
3. Add salt, turn on the food processor and then add the egg mixture.
4. When the dough comes together transfer it to a floured work top. Knead for 5 minutes and let rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Place dough on lightly floured work top. Cut into half and flatten with your palm.
6. Lightly flour pasta machine and pass dough through it on setting 6.
7. Place on counter top, sprinkle flour, fold and pass it again through the machine. Repeat the process 2-3 times.
8. Now pass the dough through the machine from the widest to the narrowest setting (5, 4, 3, 2, and 1).
9. Cut the dough sheet in half and then into 1-inch wide strips. Further cut the strips into 1-inch rectangle and pinch in the middle. Set aside to dry for 30 minutes.
For Toasted Breadcrumbs:
10. Place a pan on flame and pour oil in it.
11. Add breadcrumb, garlic powder, and salt. Toast for 2-3 minutes. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
12. Place a pan on flame and pour oil in it.
13. Add onion, anchovy, and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes.
14. After 2 minutes, add mushroom and cook for another 5 minutes.
15. Stir in garlic, cook for 2 minutes and then add spinach and lemon juice. Mix well and season with chili flakes.
16. In a pot of salted boiling water cook pasta for 1 minute.
17. Drain and add pasta to the pan. Toss well.
18. Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano, chili flakes, fresh thyme leaves, olive oil and toasted breadcrumbs. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY