BLT quick pasta by Steven Dolby
(Serves 3 people)
200g Grape tomatoes
1 Garlic clove (thinly sliced)
Sweet Basil & Purple Basil (small handful, Chiffonade)
1/2 Cup E V olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
5 Slices of center-cut bacon (roughly chopped)
70g Fresh spinach
1. Cut tomatoes in half, leaving some whole.
2. For mini sauce, in a bowl add tomato, and squeeze some of the cut ones to release nice flavor.
3. Add garlic, sliced sweet basil, whole purple basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
4. In a large pan of hot water add a good pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
5. Meanwhile, in a pan cook bacon until nice and crispy. Drain well and set it aside.
6. In boiling water, drop pasta and cook until al dente.
7. Chop bacon and add it back into the pan, along with drained pasta and spinach.
8. Pour little bit of pasta water to help the spinach wilt.
9. Next, add pasta, bacon, and spinach into the bowl with sauce. Mix well.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY