CHORIZO HASH WITH POACHED EGG
INGREDIENTS460g Russet potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
1/2 Medium yellow onion (sliced)
Fresno Chili (Sliced)
70g Spanish chorizo (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tsp Smoked paprika
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tsp Balsamic vinegar
Fresh cilantro (small handful)
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
2 Eggs (poach for 5 minutes)
1 Tbsp White vinegar
For Chorizo Hash with Poached Egg:
1. In a pot of boiling water, add a good pinch of salt and potato pieces. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour olive oil in a pan, add onion and season it with salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add smoked paprika, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Put drained potato pieces and toss well. Spread evenly and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add chili, garlic, chorizo, and balsamic vinegar. Toss well.
6. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
7. In boiling water, add vinegar and poach egg for 5 minutes as shown in the video.
8. Garnish chorizo hash with avocado, arugula, and poached egg.
9. Season with pepper and serve immediately.
(Serves 1-2 people)
Not really a recipe, more of a technique.
2-3 White button mushrooms (cut in half)
5-6 Yellow tomatoes (cut in half)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
5 Small pork sausage links
2 Slices of bacon
Ground black pepper
For Breakfast Pizza:
1. Place a non-stick pan on flame, pour olive oil and add bacon and sausage in it. Cook until done.
2. Put mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, and eggs. Gently roll the pan to spread egg whites and form a base.
4. Pop the pan into broiler and cook until done. Season with ground black pepper.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
© STEVEN DOLBY