Italian Sausage with Sweet Peppers and Mozzarella Cheese Frittata by Steven Dolby
220g Italian sausage (casings removed, cut into bite sized pieces)
170g Sweet peppers (seeded, cut into chunks)
Green chilli (finely diced)
1/2 Medium onion (sliced)
1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
1/4 Cup heavy cream
Salt & ground black pepper
Handful fresh basil (roughly chopped)
1/4 Cup parmesan cheese (topping)
4-5 Cherry tomatoes (topping)
5-6 Slices mozzarella cheese (topping)
1. Place a pan on flame, and cook sausage in olive oil until nice and brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Add olive oil to the pan and saute onion, pepper, and chili for 5 minutes on medium flame.
3. Put sausage back into the pan and give it a good stir.
4. In a large bowl, combine egg, grated Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
5. Add basil into the pan, mix well and pour the egg cream mixture. Stir gently and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom.
6. At this point add more grated Parmesan, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese slices on top.
7. Place the pan under broiler and broil for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
8. Garnish with basil, cut into wedges, serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY