Chimichurri Burger by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 5-6 people)
2 Cups Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/2 Cup fresh oregano leaves
6 Garlic cloves
1/2 Fresno chili
Juice of half a lemon
2 Tbsp red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
190g Ground sirloin (per person)
Smoked Gouda (sliced)
Red onion (sliced)
fresh corn on the cob (per person)
60g Melted butter (unsalted)
1 Tsp ground cumin
For Chimichurri Sauce:
1. In blender, add parsley, oregano, garlic cloves, chili, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Pulse to desired consistency.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Shape meat into patties as shown in the video and then season with salt. Place on grill and cook to desired doneness.
4. Place a cheese slice on top of each patty and allow it to melt.
5. Toast buns on grill.
For Grilled Corn:
6. Meanwhile, cut the ends of corn and then cut in the middle. In boiling water, add corn and cook for 5-6 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, mix butter with ground cumin and salt. Season with pepper and mix well.
8. Remove corn from water and place on grill. Baste with butter cumin mixture and cook until done.
9. On the bottom side on bun, place a patty and top it with sauce, and red onion slice. Cover with the other half.
10. Serve burger with grilled corn and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY