Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
BASIL CREAM SAUCE
1/2 Medium red onion (diced)
1 Garlic clove (sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
15g Fresh basil leaves
1/2 Cup whole milk
Red chili flakes (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
1 Tsp heavy cream
4oz Chicken breast (cut into strips)
1 Tsp olive oil (for chicken)
Pinch of salt (for chicken)
1 Tbsp olive oil (for mushrooms)
60g Oyster Mushrooms
1 Tbsp unsalted Butter
80g Baby spinach
1 Tsp olive oil (for spinach)
Salt (to taste)
1 Tsp Lemon juice
1-2 Slices prosciutto
Garlic clove (for bread)
For Basil Cream Sauce:
1. In a pan heat olive oil and sweat onion for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, sweat for 2 minutes and then transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
3. In hot water blanch basil, drain and set aside.
4. In blender, add onion and garlic mixture, followed by blanched basil leaves, chili flakes, and warm milk. Blend until smooth.
5. Into a saucepan, pour the mixture, add salt and pepper to taste, and cream. Stir well.
6. Drizzle olive oil on chicken and season with salt.
7. On hot grill pan, place chicken and cook until done.
8. In a pan, heat olive oil and cook mushroom in it. Add butter, cook until nutty brown, and transfer it to a bowl.
9. In a same pan, add spinach, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and lemon juice. Cook until wilted.
For Prosciutto and Bread:
10. On the same grill pan, cook prosciutto slices until nice and crispy.
11. Drizzle olive oil on bread slices, grill and then rub garlic clove on the edges.
12. On a plate, place the bread slices and top it with spinach, mushroom, prosciutto, and chicken.
13. Drizzle sauce on top and serve immediately.
© STEVEN DOLBY