Salmon Soup by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
3, 6 oz Salmon fillets (skin off )
4 Cups vegetable Stock
Fresh cilantro (small handful)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
10-15g Ginger peel or fresh ginger
1 Medium carrot (sliced)
1 Medium leek (sliced)
1/2 Medium onion (diced)
1/2 Medium fennel (sliced)
1 Garlic clove (minced)
Salt & Ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Into a pan, pour stock, add cilantro, lemon juice, and ginger. Bring water to a light simmer.
2. Add salmon and poach gently until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Strain the liquid and set aside.
3. In a pan, pour olive oil, add carrot, onion, leek, fennel, and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and sweat for 10-15 minutes.
4. Pour the strained stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with green onion, cucumber and serve soup hot with salmon.
© STEVEN DOLBY