Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
1 Tbsp coriander seeds
1/4 Tsp ground cardamom
2 Whole cloves
1/2 Tsp black peppercorns
1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 Tsp ground turmeric
1 Tsp paprika
1 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
1 Tsp hot chili powder
2 Tsp garam masala
1/2 Tsp sea salt
300g plain yoghurt
7g Fresh ginger (finely diced)
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
3 Skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1. Place a pan on flame; add coriander seeds, ground cardamom, clove, and peppercorn. Lightly toast over medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
2. In mortar and pestle, transfer the toasted spices, followed by cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, smoked paprika, chili powder, garam masala, and salt. Grind until fine.
3. In a bowl, add yogurt, diced ginger, garlic, and spice blend. Mix well.
4. Add the chicken into the spiced yogurt and mix well. Cover and set aside to marinade for 4-5 hours or overnight.
5. Into the skewers, thread the chicken pieces.
6. Place into hot grill and cook until cooked through and nicely browned.
7. Garnish with sliced red onion, fresh cilantro and serve over grilled naan bread.
© STEVEN DOLBY