Tuna Salad Nicoise by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
NICOISE SALAD DRESSING
1/2 Medium Shallot (finely diced)
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Small garlic clove (minced)
1 Tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Flat-leaf parsley (handful)
1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
Ground black pepper (to taste)
Purple Potatoes (enough for 2-3 people)
Eggs (enough for 2-3 people)
Asparagus (enough for 2-3 people)
2-3 Tuna Steaks
San Marzano tomatoes (enough for 2-3 people)
Baby spinach (enough for 2-3 people)
Red onion (thinly sliced, enough for 2-3 people)
Nicoise olives (enough for 2-3 people)
1. In mortar and pestle, place shallot, anchovies, mustard, and garlic. Grind to a paste.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix well and pop in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and add olive oil and salt while still warm. Cut in half and set aside.
4. In another pot, cook eggs for 8 minutes. Cut in half and set aside.
5. Cut off the woody ends of asparagus and cook in a pan for 2-3 minutes with little olive oil and salt, making sure they have a nice crunchy texture.
6. Season tuna with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil and coat well. On a hot pan, place the fish and cook to desired doneness. When done remove from pan and let rest for 1-2 minutes.
7. On a platter, spread dressing and lay spinach on top, followed by egg, asparagus, tomato, potato, onion, olives, and fish. Drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY