Coconut-Curry Mussels by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 1-2 people)
1/2 Medium onion (finely diced)
1 Large garlic clove (thinly sliced)
1 Bird's eye chili (sliced)
11g Fresh ginger (finely diced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Garam masala
1/4 Dry white wine
1/2 Cup coconut milk
1 Bay leaf
2 Tsp Fresh lemon juice
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
1. In a pan, heat olive oil, add onion, followed by a pinch of salt, garlic, chili, ginger, and garam masala. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add white wine, coconut milk, bay leaf, and lemon juice. Lightly simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add mussels, turn up the flame, cover and boil for 5-6 minutes or until they open up. When mussels are cooked, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to keep them warm.
4. Season the curry sauce with salt and pepper.
5. Top mussels with curry sauce, garnish with parsley, green onion, serve and enjoy!
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY
1 lb fresh mussels (per person)