Panzanella Salad by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
1 Large garlic clove
3-4 Sprigs of fresh oregano
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 Cup olive oil
2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
200g Ciabatta bread (cut into bite size pieces)
15g Parmigiano reggiano
330g Tomatoes (halved)
60g Cucumber (sliced, skinned and seeded)
40g Red onion (sliced)
1 bunch fresh basil (thinly sliced)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
For Salad Dressing:
2. In mortar and pestle, add salt and garlic. Grind to a paste.
3. Add oregano, mustard, and red wine vinegar. Mix for 1 minute.
4. Add olive oil and process until emulsified. Add lemon juice, mix and set aside.
5. In a bowl, place bread, add some dressing and mix well.
6. Into a baking sheet, transfer the bread pieces, sprinkle cheese and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. In a bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, onion, bread, and basil. Pour the remaining dressing and mix well.
8. Serve garnished with feta cheese and white anchovies.
© STEVEN DOLBY