Spaghetti with Chicken Ragu by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
4 Medium chicken thighs (170g)
4 Medium carrots (peeled & /sliced)
1/2 Medium yellow onion (diced)
2 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
1/2 Cup dry white wine
2 Cups chicken Stock
750g Passata or strained tomatoes
2 Bay Leaves
200g Cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
Spaghetti (100g per person)
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Season chicken thigh with salt and drizzle of olive oil.
2. Into a hot pan, pour oil, add chicken and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Into a pan pour olive oil; add onion and carrot, followed by a pinch of salt and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add garlic, rosemary and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour red wine vinegar and stir until evaporated.
6. Next, pour white wine and stock. Reduce by half.
7. Add passata, bay leaves, and chicken. Cover with lid and cook for an hour. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, add cannellini beans. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
8. Into salted boiling water, add pasta and cool until al-dante.
9. Shred chicken and add it back into the pan. (You can add leftover turkey at this point).
10. Add pasta and stir well. Add a splash of pasta water to loosen if needed. Season to taste.
11. Garnish with fresh parsley and pecorino or parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY