Steve's Holiday Turkey Sandwich by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
139g Leeks (rinsed thoroughly, white and light green parts thinly sliced)
1/2 Medium red onion (finely diced)
20g Fresno chili (thinly sliced)
70g Bacon (sliced)
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tsp garam masala
2 Tsp Tabasco sauce
Salt (to taste)
Small handful Fresh parsley (chopped)
60g Fontina cheese
Good Quality Bread of your choice (enough for 2 people)
120g Leftover turkey
1. Preheat oven 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
2. Place a pan on flame, pour oil and add bacon. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add leek, onion and cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add garlic, chilli, garam masala and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Tabasco sauce, season with salt and stir in parsley. Set aside.
6. On top of bread place the leek mixture, followed by turkey slices and cheese slice. Cover, wrap with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY