BBQ Pulled Pork Wraps with Red Cabbage Slaw by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 8-10 people)
6 Tsp chili powder
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp cumin
1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
4 Tsp brown sugar
2 Tsp salt
1 Small onion (finely diced)
1 Large garlic clove (finely diced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tsp smoked paprika
1 Tsp allspice
1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp molasses
2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
Hot sauce (to taste)
1/4 cup water
RED CABBAGE SLAW
400g red cabbage (grated)
1 Medium carrot (grated)
1 Green apple (granny Smith, grated)
2 Green onions (finely sliced)
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp E V olive oil
2 1/2lb Boneless pork shoulder
1/4 Cup water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
For Pork Rub:
2. In a bowl, add chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt. Mix well.
For Pulled Pork:
3. Spread rub on pork and massage to coat well.
4. In a pan, pour olive oil and place the seasoned pork. Sear on all sides, cover with lid and pop in oven. Cook for 3-4 hours.
For Barbecue Sauce:
5. Place a pan on flame, pour olive oil and sweat onion for 5 minutes.
6. Add garlic, sweat for 2 minutes, then stir in smoked paprika and allspice. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour cider vinegar, bring to a boil and allow the sauce to simmer.
8. Add brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, hot sauce and water. Mix well. Bring it back to a boil and simmer.
9. In a bowl, combine grated cabbage, carrot, apple, green onion, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Mix well and place in fridge for flavors to come together.
10. Remove pork from oven and allow it to rest on cutting board.
11. Pour water into the pan (in which pork was cooked) and stir well. Pour the water into the sauce.
© STEVEN DOLBY