Creamy Smoked Paprika Chicken Pasta with garlic chips by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
CREAMY SMOKED PAPRIKA SAUCE
1 Garlic clove (finely diced)
1/2 Medium red onion (finely diced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
1 Tsp plain flour
1 1/2 Cups vegetable stock
2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp heavy cream
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)
11oz Chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1/2 Tsp salt (for the chicken)
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper (for the chicken)
1 Tbsp olive oil (for the chicken)
1/2 Tsp chili flakes (for the chicken)
Spaghetti (enough for 2 people)
2-3 Large garlic cloves (finely sliced)
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt (to taste)
For Creamy Smoked Paprika Sauce:
1. In a pan, heat olive oil, add onion and a pinch of salt. Sweat for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, sweat for a minute then add smoked paprika. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in plain flour, cook for 1 minute and then pour stock. Stir well, bring to a boil and reduce by half.
4. When reduced add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and cream. Bring it back to a boil and simmer.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
6. In a bowl, place chicken pieces and mix it with salt, pepper, olive oil, and chili flakes.
7. On a grill pan, place chicken and cook until done. Remove from grill and set aside to rest.
8. Follow package direction and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
For Garlic Chips:
9. In a pan, heat olive oil and add sliced garlic. Cook until golden brown.
10. Remove garlic slices from oil and transfer it to paper towel. Season with salt.
11. Add drained pasta to the sauce and mix well.
12. Serve pasta topped with chicken and garlic chips, garnished with basil, parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese.
© STEVEN DOLBY