Chicken & Black Eyed Pea Soup by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
2 Medium chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
Plain flour (enough to coat)
2 Medium carrots (sliced)
1 stalk of celery (diced)
1/2 Medium yellow onion (diced)
1/2 Tsp chili flakes
2 Tsp soy sauce
3 Garlic cloves (minced)
4 Cups water
1 Can black eyed peas
1. In a bowl, place flour and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and coat well.
2. In a pan, pour oil, add the coated chicken and cook until golden brown. Transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add small amount of olive oil into the same pan. Stir in onion, celery and carrots pieces.
4. Season with chili flakes and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and then add chicken back into the pan.
5. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes and pour water. Bring up to a boil and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
6. Add black eyes peas and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
© STEVEN DOLBY