Ribollita Soup by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
1 Medium carrot (sliced)
1 stalk of celery (sliced)
1 Medium red onion (diced)
50g Pancetta (Deli Sliced)
1 Garlic clove (sliced)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tsp chili flakes
200g Red potatoes (diced)
6 Cups chicken stock
1 Medium can whole peeled plum tomatoes
1/2 Can cannellini bean (drained)
Fresh basil (small handful)
Fresh parsley (small handful)
1 loaf of Italian bread
1. Place a pan on flame and pour olive oil in it.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery, and pancetta. Season with salt and chili flakes. Stir and cook vegetables for 10-20 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in kale and cooking until nice and soft.
4. Add potato slices, chicken stock, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
5. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, add beans, basil and parsley. Stir well.
6. Cut bread into slices, tear and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix to coat well.
7. Pop the baking sheet in 375 degree F oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. In a bowl, pour soup, top it with bread pieces and push to soak.
9. Drizzle olive oil on top and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY