Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Caramelized Cauliflower by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
1/2 Medium white onion (sliced)
1 Stalk of celery (sliced)
170g Peeled potatoes (sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 Tsp caraway seeds
4 Cups vegetable Stock
QUICK WHITE SAUCE
50g Unsalted butter
45g All-purpose flour
2 1/4 Cups cold whole milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a pan, pour olive oil, add onion, potato, celery, cauliflower, garlic, and caraway seeds. Stir and gently sweat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Pour stock, bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
For Quick White Sauce:
4. In a pan, melt butter and add flour. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour milk, 1 cup at a time and whisk well until thick. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
For Caramelized Cauliflower:
6. On a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and place cauliflower florets.
7. Season with salt and brown sugar. Mix well and place in a 375 degree F oven and cook until golden brown.
8. When the vegetables are tender add the white sauce into the pan and stir well. Puree the soup and season with salt and white pepper.
9. Serve hot with caramelized cauliflower on top and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY