Potato and Broccoli Gratin with Gorgonzola by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 5-6 people)
1 Medium onion (sliced)
200g Fresh broccoli
760g Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
1 Cup heavy cream
3 Garlic cloves (minced)
Soft unsalted butter (enough to brush your dish)
1/2 Tsp fresh thyme leaves
100g Gorgonzola cheese
Salt & Ground black pepper
Things You Will Need
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Place a pan on flame and pour oil in it. Add onion, sprinkle a pinch of salt and cook until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. In boiling hot water blanch the broccoli for 1 minute. After 1 minute add to an ice bath to stop cooking process.
4. Into a saucepan, pour heavy cream, add minced garlic, pinch of salt, and pepper. Whisk, bring to a light boil and simmer.
5. Grease a baking dish with butter, add one layer of potato and season with salt. Top it with a layer of onion, followed by the rest of the potato slices.
6. Sprinkle thyme and then add the blanched broccoli. Pour hot cream and warp the baking dish with foil.
7. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet, pop in 400 degree F oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
8. Sprinkle cheese on top and pop into the broiler. Cook until golden brown.
9. Cut into pieces and serve hot!
© STEVEN DOLBY