Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 5-6 people)
130g Duck fat
900g Waxy or floury potatoes (peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks)
Ground black pepper
Several sprigs fresh thyme
Several sprigs fresh rosemary
Things You Will Need
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. In a roasting tray, place duck fat and pop in oven for 7-8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a pot of boiling salted water parboil potato pieces for 7-8 minutes. Drain, place in a bowl and toss well.
4. Remove the roasting tray from oven and place potatoes pieces in hot fat. Season with salt and pepper. Place the tray back into the oven at 400 degree F for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, turn the potatoes, add fresh thyme and rosemary. Pop back into the oven at 475 degree for another 15-20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle sea salt and serve hot.
© STEVEN DOLBY