Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
630g Butternut squash
5-6 Fresh sprigs of thyme
1 Medium carrot (diced)
1/2 Medium onion (diced)
1 Garlic clove (minced)
2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 Cup red & white quinoa
70g Pumpkin seeds
60g Dried cranberries
Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Cut the squash in half, remove seeds, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and thyme. Pop in oven and roast for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Place a pan on flame, pour olive oil, add onion and carrot. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sweat for 10 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes, and then pour stock. Bring to a light boil and simmer.
5. Add rinsed quinoa into the pan and give it a good stir. Cover and cook over low flame for 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a roasting tray lay the pumpkin seeds, drizzle olive oil and season with salt. Mix to coat well. Pop in 375 degree F oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
7. Into the pan with quinoa, add pumpkin pulp, toasted pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Season with salt and stir gently.
8. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY