Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
200g Eggplant (sliced)
1 Tsp cumin
7-8 Sweet peppers (remove the stem & skin)
CANNELLINI BEAN MASH
140g cannellini beans
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tsp tahini
1/2 Lemon juice
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
2 Tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C.
2. In a tray, lay the eggplant slices, sprinkle cumin and drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and mix well.
3. Pop the tray in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes on each side or until the eggplant slices become tender.
4. Into a separate tray, place sweet peppers, season with salt, drizzle olive oil, mix well and pop in oven at 400 degree F for 25-30 minutes.
5. When done remove eggplant and peppers from oven and set aside to cool. When peppers cool remove the skin and stem.
For Bean Mash:
6. Into a bowl, combine cannellini bean, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Lightly mash with a fork and set aside.
7. Place pretzel bun in oven for 2 minutes to crisp up. Cut in half; spread bean mash on bottom side of bun. Top it with eggplant slices, followed by pepper and lettuce. Cover with the top half of bun.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY