Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
100g Cucumber (thinly sliced)
55g Carrot (thinly sliced)
65g Daikon (thinly sliced)
1 Cup rice vinegar
1/4 Cup sugar
270g Chicken tenderloins
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tsp fish sauce
Crispy Multigrain Baguette
1. Into a bowl, combine chicken with honey, soy sauce, garlic, and fish sauce. Mix well and marinade for 1 hour
2. Into a pan, add vinegar and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves over medium flame.
3. Add carrot, daikon, and cucumber. Bring to a light boil. Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, drain the vegetables and transfer to a bowl.
5. Heat a grill pan and cook chicken until done. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
6. Spread mayonnaise on bread, top it with pickled vegetables, lettuce, jalapeno, chicken, sweet chilli sauce, and cilantro.
7. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY