Piperade by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
2 Large Tomatoes (diced)
1/2 Medium onion (sliced)
1 Large red bell pepper (sliced)
1 Large green bell pepper (sliced)
1 Large garlic clove (diced)
7-8 Sprigs of thyme
1 Bay leaf
2 Tsp hot paprika
1. Make slits at the bottom of the tomatoes, add to boiling water and boil for 10-20 seconds. Add to an ice bath and peel the skin. Dice and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degree F or 230 degree C.
3. In a pan, heat oil, add prosciutto and cook until crispy. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. Into the same pan, heat olive oil and cook onion until golden brown. Add garlic, thyme, bay leaf, green pepper, red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Cook until peppers are slightly soft.
5. Add tomato, prosciutto, hot paprika and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, with a spoon make two wells and add the eggs. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 7-10 minutes.
7. Serve with grilled crispy bread and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY