Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
4 Large organic eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
1 Large red onion (sliced)
1/2 Tsp red chili flakes
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp brown sugar
1 Clove garlic
300g Good quality ground pork 80/20 (75g per egg)
1 Tsp fresh thyme
1 Green onion (sliced)
1 Tsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
Refrigerate for 30 minutes
1 Quart vegetable oil
1 Cup plain flour
3-4 Cups panko breadcrumbs
4 Tsp mayonnaise
3 Tsp stone ground mustard
1 Tsp fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
1 Tsp red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil and turn to light simmer. Add eggs and cook for 13 minutes.
2. When cooked, add eggs to an ice bath and let cool. Peel and set aside.
For Onion Jam:
3. Into a dry pan, add onion, season with salt and cook for 15 minutes or until onions turn soft.
4. Add chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and garlic. Stir well and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
For Pork Mixture:
5. In a bowl, combine ground pork, thyme, green onion, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
6. Place plastic wrap on cutting board. Roll the meat mixture and place it in the center. Fold the plastic wrap over and roll the meat flat.
7. Peel the wrap, place the boiled egg in the middle and carefully wrap the meat around the egg. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if desired.
8. In a large pot, heat oil until it reaches 350 degree F.
9. Add the egg to the flour, wash with beaten egg, coat with panko and then deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
10. Now, place in the oven at 350 degree F or 180 degree C for 13-14 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and cut the fried egg from the middle, remove the yolk and place in a bowl.
For Deviled Mixture:
12. In the bowl with egg yolk, add mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
13. Fill the center back with the deviled egg mixture.
14. Garnish with cayenne and serve with onion jam.
© STEVEN DOLBY