Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
1 Garlic clove
1/2 Fresh lime juice
Cilantro (small handful)
Salt & ground black pepper (season to taste)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 Cup water (or desired consistency)
50g Tortillas (sliced about half an inch)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Two 9oz airline chicken breasts
1 Fresno chili (thinly sliced)
120g Romaine lettuce (sliced)
160g Pinto beans (drained & rinsed
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
Fresh lime juice (to taste)
Queso Fresco cheese
1. In blender place avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Blend for 1 minute.
2. Add water (as needed) and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
3. In a pan, heat oil until it reaches 350 degree and fry tortillas until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel and season with salt.
4. Now, season chicken with salt and drizzle olive oil. Rub well and cook in a hot grill pan until done. Remove from pan and let rest for 1-2 minutes. Slice into pieces and set aside.
5. In a bowl, add chilli, romaine, arugula, pinto beans, prepared salad dressing, and cilantro. Mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Mix well.
6. On a platter, lay salad, top it with chicken slices and serve garnished with cheese and fried tortillas.
© STEVEN DOLBY