Salmon with Spinach Risotto and Fennel Apple Salad by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
1/2 Medium onion (diced)
1 Stalk of celery (diced)
1 Carrot (diced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Star anise
Carnaroli rice (70g per person)
1/4 Cup dry white wine
6 Cups chicken stock
50g Baby spinach
Salt (to taste)
FENNEL APPLE SALAD
70g Fennel (thinly sliced)
30g Onion (thinly sliced)
70g Gala apple (thinly sliced)
1 Tsp Lemon juice
2 Tsp Red wine vinegar
1 E V olive oil
2 Tsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)
2-3 (7 oz) Salmon fillets, skin on
For Spinach Risotto:
1. In a pan, heat olive oil, add onion, celery, and carrot, followed by a pinch of salt. Add star anise and sweat for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour a ladle of hot stock to the rice and stir until liquid is fully absorbed. Repeat the process and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until rice becomes tender but still firm to the bite.
4. When rice is nice and creamy add spinach and cheese. Season with salt and stir well.
5. Remove and discard the star anise and set the pan aside.
For Fennel Apple Salad:
6. In a bowl, combine fennel, onion, apple, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, salt, and sugar. Toss well and place in refrigerator.
7. Season salmon with salt and drizzle olive oil. Add to a hot pan and cook until done.
8. Remove salmon from pan and set aside to rest.
9. Serve salmon with risotto and salad.
© STEVEN DOLBY