Jerk Chicken Caesar Salad by Steven Dolby
(Serves 4 people)
4 Green onions (roughly chopped)
2 Scotch Bonnets
3 Garlic cloves
1 Tsp fresh thyme leaves
6g Fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
Juice of one lime
1/2 juice orange
1.1/2 Tsp allspice
2 Tsp brown sugar
1/4 Cup soy sauce
1/4 Cup white vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive oil
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
Cover and refrigerate overnight
3 Anchovy fillets
1 Large garlic clove
1/2 Tsp capers
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup E V olive oil
Ground black pepper (to taste)
5-6 Chicken Thighs
1 Head romaine lettuce (washed and leaves separated)
4-5 strips of bacon
1. In a large bowl, wash chicken in cold water with some vinegar and lime.
2. In blender, add green onion, scotch bonnet, garlic, thyme, and ginger. Pulse well.
3. Add lime juice, orange juice, all spice, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blitz until smooth.
4. In a roasting pan, place chicken and pour marinade on top, reserving some for basting. Wrap the pan with saran and pop it in refrigerator overnight.
5. In mortar and pestle add anchovy, garlic, capers, and mustard. Grind into a smooth paste.
6. Roll a cloth as shown in the video and place it around the bowl to prevent it from moving. Scoop the grinded mixture and put it in the bowl.
7. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and whisk in the olive oil.
8. Taste and season with black pepper. Pop it in refrigerator.
9. Place chicken on grill, baste well and cook until done. Remove from oven and allow it to rest.
10. While the chicken is resting, cook bacon strips on grill.
11. Pull the chicken apart and set it aside.
12. In a bowl, add lettuce, dressing, little bit of Parmesan cheese, bacon, and chicken. Toss lightly.
13. Sprinkle ground black pepper on top and serve immediately.
© STEVEN DOLBY