- Steve Dolby
- Steven Dolby was born in Rotherham, England 1974. Even from a young age Steven enjoyed artistic pursuits like creating original artwork and music. However he lacked even a basic knowledge of food and cooking techniques until he was 21 years old. At this stage his passion for all things culinary was ignited as he began to train with chefs in restaurants first in England, then around Europe. Steven has since moved to the united states and began to explore the cuisine of the Americas. His mentor won his first Michelin star in 2012 he currently lives in Atlanta, GA with his wife. Steve Dolby has been cooking professionally in restaurants for 17 years.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Chicken, pickled Beet salad with Horseradish Peppercorn Mayonnaise by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 5-6 people)
450g Fresh beets (medium sized, stems removed)
1 Cup water
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Cup red wine vinegar
1 Cup water
2 Tsp coriander seeds
2 Tsp caraway seeds
1 Tsp black peppercorns
HORSERADISH PEPPERCORN MAYONNAISE
3 Egg yolks
2 Tsp cider vinegar
2/3 Cup canola oil
2 Tsp prepared horseradish
2 Tsp grinding black peppercorns
If it gets too thick, add a little water
leftover chicken or turkey (enough for 5-6 people)
Arugula (enough for 5-6 people)
1 Medium onion (thinly sliced)
Italian flat leaf parsley (small handful)
Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
For Baked Beets:
2. In a roasting tray, place the beets, pour water, add salt, cover the tray with foil and pop in 400 degree F oven for 60-90 minutes.
3. Remove the tray from oven and allow the beets to cool. Then, peel dice the beets and place in a roasting tray.
For Pickling Mixture:
4. In a measuring cup, combine red wine vinegar, water, coriander seeds, caraway seeds, and black peppercorns. Mix well.
5. Pour the pickling mix into the roasting tray with diced baked beets. Refrigerate overnight.
For Horseradish Peppercorn Mayonnaise:
6. In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, salt, and cider vinegar. Whisk for 1 minute.
7. Whisk constantly and slowly pour the oil. Add horseradish and peppercorn. Mix well.
8. In a bowl, add arugula, onion, parsley, and salt. Mix lightly. Place chicken and beets on top.
9. Spoon over horseradish mayonnaise and serve immediately.
© STEVEN DOLBY