Christmas Day Brunch by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
170g Grape tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
FRENCH TOAST BATTER
1/2 Cup whole milk
Ground black pepper (pinch)
2 Green onions (thinly sliced)
Fresh cilantro (handful)
1/2 Jalapeño (finely diced)
1 Tsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tsp cumin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
For Roasted Tomatoes:
2. On a roasting tray, place the tomatoes, drizzle olive oil, and season with salt. Toss to coat well and pop in oven at 350 degree F for 25 minutes.
For French Toast Batter:
3. In a bowl, combine milk, beaten egg, salt, pepper, sliced green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, paprika, and cumin. Mix well.
4. Cut bread into thick slices and soak in batter for 3 minutes each side.
5. Place a grill pan over medium flame and cook bacon in it.
6. In a pan, pour olive oil, add egg, followed by a dash of water. Cover the pan with lid and cook to desired doneness.
7. In a non-stick pan, place the soaked bread slices and cook until golden brown on each side.
8. On a platter, lay bread and top it with bacon slices, roasted tomato, and egg. Garnish with black pepper and hot sauce.
9. Drizzle roasted tomato juice on top, serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY