Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3 people)
400g Leeks (trimmed)
1 Medium shallot (sliced)
3 Garlic cloves
1/2 Fresno chili (sliced)
4 sprigs of thyme
1 sprig of rosemary
1/4 Cup dry white wine
1 Cup chicken stock
2 Chicken drumsticks (per person)
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
Salt (to taste)
1. Trim the leeks remove the outer skin and soak in water for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, pat dry with paper towel, drizzle olive oil and season with salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
4. Into a pan, heat olive oil, and cook leeks until golden brown. Remove from pan and place into a roasting tray.
5. In the same pan, add little more olive oil, followed by shallots, chili, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Sweat for 5 minutes. Pour white wine and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and add transfer into the roasting pan with leeks.
6. Cover the roasting pan with foil, pop in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
7. French trim the chicken drumstick as shown in the video. Season chicken with salt and drizzle olive oil. Place into a hot pan and cook until browned on all sides.
8. Place chicken in oven (375 degree F or 190 degree C) and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
9. Strain the braising liquid from leek into the pan used for chicken. Add cooked garlic cloves, mash and allow the mixture to reduce by half.
10. Add cream and reduce for 1 more minute.
11. Transfer the braised leeks to the pan or baking tray, sprinkle parmesan and place into broiler until melted and golden brown.
12. On a platter, lay leek and chicken, drizzle sauce on top and serve.
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY