Sun-dried Tomato and Almond Pesto Potato Salad by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3 people)
170g White pearl onions (chopped)
400g Baby dutch potatoes (cut in half)
70g Smoked almonds
70g Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 Large garlic clove
3 Large fresh basil leaves
1/2 Cup E V olive oil
Salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
2. In a roasting tray, place pearl onion, drizzle olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Mix well. Place the roasting tray in oven and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. In a pot of boiling water, add a pinch of salt and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. When done drain the potatoes, return back to the pan and toss over low flame to dry.
4. In a dry pan, toast almonds for 3-4 minutes and place in food processor. Add sundried tomato, garlic, pepperoncini, basil, and pinch of salt. Blitz for 1 minute. Gradually add olive oil and blend well. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. Now, cut the ends of pearl onions, squeeze and roughly chop them.
6. Cut potatoes into half and add to a bowl, followed by chopped pearl onion, pesto and basil. Mix well.
7. Garnish with cheese, if desired and serve!
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY