Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
1/2 Medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tsp fresh lime juice
Small handful cilantro (roughly chopped)
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
1 Ciabatta roll (cut in half)
2 Slices prosciutto
Chili (finely diced)
For Avocado Smash:
1. Place a pan on flame, pour olive oil, and add onion, followed by a pinch of salt. Stir and cook until golden brown and soft. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. In mortar and pestle, add avocado and lime juice. Smash lightly. Add cilantro and fried onion.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
For Poached Egg:
4. Add a small amount of vinegar to the water in saucepan, bring to a boil and gently simmer.
5. With a whisk make a well in the water as shown in the video and add the egg. This will help it hold its shape. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
For Toasted Bread and Prosciutto:
6. Drizzle olive oil over bread halves and place on a hot grill pan. Toast until golden brown. Set aside.
7. In the same grill pan, place the prosciutto slices and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp.
8. Spread avocado smash on the bread slice, top it with prosciutto and poached egg. Sprinkle ground pepper and chili.
9. Serve with some hot sauce and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY