Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 3-4 people)
380g Fennel (cut into 1/2-inch-thick chunks)
230g Carrots (cut into 2-inch-thick chunks)
1 Star anise
10 Black peppercorns
2 Tsp dried sage
3 Tbsp olive oil
200g Yellow onions (sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
3/4 Cup chicken stock
3-4 Fresh sage leaves (chiffonade)
Salt (season to taste)
3-4 Pork chops (3/4-inch to 1-inch thick)
Chili pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
For Roasted Vegetable:
2. In mortar and pestle, place cloves, star anise, peppercorns and grind well.
3. On a baking sheet, place fennel and carrots. Sprinkle dried sage, grounded clove and peppercorn mixture, and salt.
4. Drizzle olive oil on top and mix well.
5. Pop the baking sheet in oven at 375 degree F or 190 degree C and roast for 45-50 minutes.
For Onion Sauce:
6. Place a pan on heat, pour oil and cook onion for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Pour red wine vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
8. Into a blender, transfer the ingredients and pulse for 1 minute. Add stock and blend until smooth.
9. Pour the sauce back into the pan; add fresh sage and season to taste. Stir well.
For Pork Chops:
10. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
11. Into a hot pan, pour oil and cook pork chops until done.
12. Add garlic and butter into the same pan. Allow the butter to melt. Rub pork with fried garlic.
13. Remove pork from pan and set aside to rest.
14. Serve pork hot with roasted vegetable, onion sauce, resting juice from pork and chili pepper on top.
Things You Will Need
© STEVEN DOLBY