Salmon, Bacon and Potato Hash by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2 people)
450g Potatoes (peeled and diced)
1/2 Medium yellow onion (sliced)
3-4 Rashers of bacon (sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tsp capers
HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE
3 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tsp prepared horseradish
1/4 Cup chopped Chives
1 Tsp Lemon juice
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
Two 5oz salmon fillet
For Potato Hash:
1. Into salted boiling water, add the potato pieces and cook until almost tender.
2. Place a pan on flame, pour oil, and add onion slices, followed by a pinch of salt and bacon. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain and add cooked potato pieces into the pan, followed by a drizzle of olive oil and capers. Using a spoon flatten all the ingredients as shown in the video. Cook over medium flame for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
4. Finally, season with salt to taste.
5. On a parchment lined baking sheet, place the salmon fillets, season with salt and drizzle olive oil.
6. Pop the baking sheet in oven and cook at 350 degree F or 180 degree C for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
For Horseradish Cream Sauce:
8. In a bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well and place in fridge until ready to serve.
9. Serve salmon, egg, and sauce on top of hash potato. You can garnish with chives and green onion.
© STEVEN DOLBY