Chipotle Crab Cakes with Avocado sauce by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
Serves 4 crab cakes
CRAB CAKE MIX
230g Claw crab meat
2 Green onion (sliced)
1 Tsp Fresh lime juice
20g Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
2 Tsp yellow Mustard
3 Tsp mayonnaise
Salt & Ground black pepper (to taste)
40g Panko bread crumbs
1/2 Medium onion (finely diced)
Jalapeño (to taste, sliced)
3 Tsp fresh Lime Juice
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
For Crab Cake Mixture:
1. In a bowl, combine crab meat, green onion, lime juice, chipotle pepper, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, egg, and bread crumbs. Mix lightly and place in the fridge.
For Avocado Sauce:
2. Place a pan on flame, pour olive oil, add onion and jalapeno and let sweat for 5 minutes.
3. In food processor, transfer the mixture; add avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise and milk. Blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and pop in fridge.
4. Roll crab mixture into patties.
5. In a pan, heat oil and cook patties for about 4 minutes each side.
6. Garnish sauce with cilantro and serve on top of hot crab cake.
© STEVEN DOLBY