Spaghetti with Rib Eye Steak, Sun Dried Tomato & Mustard Veloute by Steven Dolby
Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-4 people)
1/2 Medium onion (finely diced)
60g Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (finely chop)
70g Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tsp plain flour
3 heaping tsp whole grain mustard
1/4 Cup white wine
1 Cup chicken stock
4 Tsp heavy cream
Salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
Spaghetti (enough for 2 or 4 people)
2-3 Rib eye steaks (sliced)
Fresh Italian parsley (small handful for spaghetti)
2 Tsp olive oil (for spaghetti)
Salt to taste (for spaghetti)
1. Place a pan on flame, pour olive oil, add onion, mushroom and sweat for 5 minutes.
2. Add sun dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in flour, cook for 2 minutes and then add mustard. Stir well.
4. Pour white wine and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, add cream, stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set the sauce aside.
6. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain well.
7. Into a pan, place the drained pasta, drizzle olive oil, and add parsley. Season to taste with salt and mix well.
8. Season steak with salt and pepper.
9. In a pan, heat oil and cook steak to desired doneness.
10. When done, remove steak from the pan, place on a cutting board, pour the cooking juices on top of meat and let rest for 2 minutes. Cut into pieces.
11. On a plate spoon sauce, place pasta in the middle and surround it with steak pieces.
12. Serve and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY