Click here for Recipe Conversion Charts
(Serves 2-3 people)
800g Tomatoes (cut into quarters)
I Tbsp olive oil
2 Medium carrots
1/2 Medium onion
2 Medium stalks of celery
1 Tbsp olive oil
350g Ground beef
100g Sun-dried tomatoes
1 Garlic clove
2 Cups water
1/4 Cup milk
Bouquet garni of fresh oregano and flat-leaf parsley
Salt & ground black pepper (season to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
2. Into a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil, add tomatoes, season with salt and sugar. Pop the baking sheet in oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3. In a blender, add carrot, onion and celery. Pulse well.
4. In a hot pan, pour olive oil, add meat and cook until caramelized and golden brown. Try not to stir the meat. Strain the meat to remove fat and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add the pulsed vegetable, followed by a pinch of salt and cook for 20 minutes.
6. In a blender, add sun dried tomato and garlic. Pulse well and add it to the pan with vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove skin from tomatoes and add it to the pan, followed by the caramelized beef and stir well.
8. Pour water, bring to a boil and reduce until thick.
9. Stir in milk and bundle of herbs (bouquet garni). Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Serve on fettuccine , spaghetti or pappardelle and enjoy!
Check out Aaron's story here...http://www.aaronwolsey.blogspot.com/
© STEVEN DOLBY